About the Role
The fundraising Leads are passionate and experienced fundraising professionals looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the world of children’s education. Working closely with the Board of Directors, they will oversee and lead the planning and execution of strategic fundraising initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Working closely with the Volunteer Manager to build and manage a small team of Fundraising coordinators to support the execution of fundraising initiatives.
2. Working closely with the board of directors, create and execute a strategic fundraising plan.
3. Research and identify opportunities for fundraising partnerships within our community.
4. Support the development of fundraising communications across multiple platforms such as email and social media clearly articulating the support case.
5. Be a strong and visible advocate of Hami Canada raising the profile of our work within the community.
6. Attend monthly meetings with the board of directors to report on fundraising initiatives and collaborate on new fundraising ideas and opportunities.
About Hami Canada
Hami Canada was registered in 2017 as a not-for-profit organization in Canada with the following vision and mission.
Raise public awareness about the need for accessible and adequate educational and cultural spaces for children in remote and underdeveloped areas of the world and foster and nurture volunteer work, especially among young people, and encourage empathy for the less fortunate.
• Construction of schools in deprived regions;
• Support students and up-keep of schools and provision of school supplies;
• Build libraries and supply books in rural areas and promote reading;
• Provide sports supplies and facilities to support the health and wellness of students;
• Conduct scientific, vocational, health & wellness, and recreational workshops.
A dynamic personality and a passion for fundraising!
3-5 years of experience in a fundraising role; professional or volunteer experience is acceptable.
Demonstrated skills in building relationships with partners, donors, and prospects.
Proven leadership skills.
Ability to multitask and work within a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge of online tools for donor and community engagement including web-based fundraising applications and email marketing tools is an asset.
Proactivity/Self-starter: Passionate and excited about work, goes the extra mile. Ability to work autonomously while being aware of the importance of accountability.
Can set goals and priorities, create/implement action plans, document, evaluate, and learn.
Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Varies depending on the fundraising cycle. Minimum 1-3 hours per week.